Thursday, October 13, 2011

Why Am I Here?

Today, your bushy-tailed reporter is feeling a little philosophical. I was just pondering the question. "What am I doing here?"

The RedSquirrel Report is mostly a news parody blog. our motto is: Gathering Up, Feasting On, And Snickering At The World's Collective Nuttiness (Since 2011).  My function is making fun of the craziness on planet Earth. Much of this involves making fun of this nation's political scene.

We all know that politicians lie constantly. We know that they are incessantly corrupt. Yet, when they yammer on to their friends in the state-run news media, we somehow forget that they are liars, and are taken in by the picture on the screen and the text on the front page.

I see my blog as a translation of what these liars actually mean when they are lying to you.

Example: President Obama introduces his 'jobs bill'. We all know that he knows absolutely nothing about the real world. We also know that he's the most dishonest, corrupt, and arrogant politician in this country's history. So, when he stands before a friendly crowd, and starts yelling, "PASS THIS BILL!", my internal translator hears, "I want $$$$$$$$ to put in my personal slush fund, and I want to shower my leftist supporters with lotsa goodies!"

But yesterday, something made me wonder if I should just give this up.

Joe Biden, the court jester in the Kingdom of Obama, made an appearance in Flint, Michigan. He practically promised the residents of that depressed city that the rape and murder rate in Flint will explode if the Obama's jobs bill isn't passed.

It was then I almost quit. With Joe Biden around to make these insane pronouncements, I sometimes wonder if there's any point in continuing this news parody blog. 

Please, President Obama. Keep this master of self-parody on as your running mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment