Thursday, October 20, 2011

Leave My Nuts Alone

Your bushy-tailed reactionary sees the protest signs from these 'Occupy Wall Street' demonstrations, and wonder if a counter-demonstration is just around the corner.

Like most normal Americans, I generally believe that the government does way more damage to this society than Wall Street, and see the protest signs as proof that the university system has done a mighty fine job of producing at least two generations of dumbed-down, leftist low-lifes.

In the 1700's, a flag was produced that summarized our founding father's passion for freedom. It featured a snake, and four, simple words:  Don't Tread On Me. Watching these demonstrators, four words come this pro-capitalist red squirrel's mind:

As I've posted before, I am fairly industrious, although I am far from financially wealthy. I don't have a lot, but those wealthier than me really don't owe me anything. I don't want their stuff, and I don't want the government taking my stuff and redistributing it. Dig?

Leave My Nuts Alone is my little slogan for all us little shlubs out there that believe in capitalism. It's a slogan for Grover Norquist's Leave Me Alone Coalition, and also describes David Strom's 'think like a conservative even if you're in a liberal's income range' ethos.

My slogan has a ribald sense of humor. It's scatological.  It's upside-down, like an American flag in distress.

Does anybody want to screen print some t-shirts?  If capitalism's going down, at least we can make some money for our trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment