Sunday, June 29, 2014

What's Going On With The Presbyterians?

Is it true that The Presbyterians are divesting from Israel?

When I was a kid in the 70's and early 80's, I attended Sunday School and church services at Lawron Chapel  in Itasca County. Before Sunday School began at 9:30 a.m., the kids played football, then church organist Grace Stevens would call us in.

Fun fact: 1985 Mr. High School Football Minnesota Mikey Petrich played with us. It was usually my job to cover him. He was too speedy for me to keep up, so I played pretty dirty sometimes. Other times, I played about 20 yards off the line like Paul Krause.

Every Christmas, we held a church play or some kind of program. Wednesday was pot luck night. We had choir practice afterwards.

In mid-June, we had Bible School. Before AND after classes, Reverend James Elvig played softball with us kids.

I don't recall anything overtly political. I do remember someone circulating some sort of flyer against TV smut. Somebody had a problem with the ABC sit-com 'SOAP', starring Katherine Helmond. She went on to play the horny red-headed Mona on 'Who's The Boss?'

I do remember getting into those Jack Chick Christian tracts that I would find in the church. I remember one titled 'Support Your Local Jew.'

So, The Presbyterians are divesting from Israel. They should be reminded that Yahweh made a promise to Abraham in Genesis 12:3:

I will bless those who bless you, and curse those who curses you.

Maybe I'll send them a Chick tract.

No comments:

Post a Comment