Monday, June 11, 2012

The Amazing Flying Cat

In April, Your bushy-tailed correspondent got a Twitter account, and believe this is the best decision I've ever made. On Twitter, you meet a lot of like-minded tweeps, and one of the kindred spirits I've come across is @TheMorningSpew.


From this terrific blog, I've come across the story of Bart Janson and his cat, Orville.

After Orville was ran over by a car, the Dutch artist took his dead feline to a taxidermist, had it stuffed, then teamed up with radio control helicopter flyer Arjen Beltman....

and the two men turned the dead cat into a remote-control helicopter.

He attached four plastic propellers to the cat's feet, encased a motor inside his frisky friend's stomach, and now, the silver tabby can fly. This story is so moving I think I'm getting misty just thinking about it.

Janson says that Orville loved birds, and now, he can fly with them.



I wish to Thank @TheMorningSpew for telling the story of Bart and Orville, also known as Kitty Hawk.

1 comment: