Thursday, August 2, 2012

Joe The Cartoonist's London Olympics Report

Hey everybody, this is Joe the Cartoonist in London for the opening ceremonies of the 2012 Summer Olympics in jolly old London, England.

Wow,  amazing opening ceremonies. The "Murder She Wrote" lady did a hell of a job on "Hey Jude", but dang, I wished that Iron Maiden had performed instead.

That was quite a surreal tribute to socialized medicine. I must have missed the tribute to British dentistry while I was trying to find Australian sprinter Michelle Jenneke in the crowd. I believe that girl should have a guy like me in her life.

Queen Elizabeth parachuted in. That would've been something had someone packed an anvil in her backpack, though not as funny as when it happens to Wile E. Coyote.

I am not positive of this, but I think that about 38 of these national teams aren't real countries.

Hey! Bob Costas! You're beautiful, baby! You haven't aged a bit!

What the hell was the deal with all those children and the beds? At first I thought that they were doing some sort of production of "Little Orphan Annie". There was that ginormous, evil puppet (Lord Voldemort from 'Harry Potter'), then that weird, giant baby.

I bet if you turned down the volume on your TV, and put side 1 of Pink Floyd's "The Wall" in your CD player, and synch it up, it would have blown your mind.

Well, that's my report. I wished I could say 'live from the opening ceremonies', but this is Friday, August 3, 12:14 a.m. Back to you, RedSquirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment