Monday, August 13, 2012

Joe The Cartoonist's Report: The Closing Ceremonies

Hey everybody, it's Joe the Cartoonist. I'm at home, watching the closing ceremonies. Let's just pretend that I'm there....Oh look, it's starting now:

Hey look! There's Madness performing their 1983 hit "Our House".... and The Pet Shop Boys preforming "West End Girls"... and there's teenybopper boyband One Direction. I'm waiting for Iron Maiden and Motorhead to take the stage any minute now.

Newspaper taxis appear on the huge stage, and here comes a guy singing "Pinball Wizard" on a moped.

And now we have The New Age Commie Touchy-Feely International Children's Choir singing "Imagine". I am going to 'imagine' that I didn't just see this.

Hey, George Michael! Where's Andrew Ridgley?

Whiskey....Tango....Foxtrot!!! What is Russell Brand doing? He's on top of a very colorful bus singing, "I Am The Walrus". Yeah right. More like "I Am The Jack-A$$."

Where are The Sex Pistols?

Now, we are seeing some techno dance music from Fatboy Slim. Watching the dancers, something just occurred to me. The Brits aren't famous for their great choreography.

Brian May of Queen,  pop newcomer Jessie J and a stadium full of drunken fans singing "We Will Rock You". That was pretty hot. Ironically, this is the most ungay thing I've seen so far.

Oh, there they are...The Spice Girls! Now they're done. Now back to the spice rack you go.  Enjoy your retirement.

There's the Oasis vocalist, singing that Oasis song....but that's not Oasis.

I am hoping that Spinal Tap will perform, along with the little dancing children of Stonehenge. Please London, make it happen.

Now a guy is singing "Wish You Were Here." Good job, but I was wishing that David Gilmour and Rodger Waters were here to perform.

NBC pre-empted the performances by classic rockers Ray Davies and The Who. Instead, they premiered NBC's new show Animal Practice.

(sarcastically singing)"G.E. Brings good things to life."

We asked our new TV critic here at The RedSquirrel Report what she thought of NBC's decision to not carry performances by The Who and Ray Davies....

She was not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment