Friday, February 26, 2016

The RedSquirrel Report Turns 5 Years Old


On February 16th, this blog turned five years old. There are some people I wish to acknowledge for getting me interested in the fun world of blogging. I should thank our founding fathers for coming up with The First Amendment. Freedom of speech is important, especially for conservative bombthrowers like myself.

Five years ago, I had an idea. I wanted to make fun of newsmakers and politicians, and so I created a smart-alecky, bushy-tailed rodent reporter. I'm a fan of local columnist Joe Soucheray's Garage Logic concept, and imagined the squirrel as a resident of this imaginary town.

I thank Mitch Berg (Shot In The Dark.info) and John Hinderaker (Powerline), two local bloggers who got me interested in this medium. It's fun when a small blog like mine gets mentioned on a more prestigious blog like SITD.info.

I also thank Barack Obama, for giving me SO MUCH MATERIAL! The last eight years has been great for conservative bloggers. I just hope that he doesn't have us all thrown in prison or FEMA camps.

Oh, and I should also thank Google, for giving me this free platform. Thanks, Googs.



No comments:

Post a Comment