Monday, July 16, 2012

Joe The Cartoonist's White Privilege Report

Hi, everybody. This is Joe The Cartoonist. The boss is on special assignment, so I would like to tell you white people about this wonderful initiative The Fairness Campaign, brought to you courtesy of those academic geniuses at The University of Minnesota-Duluth.

They put up billboards and wrote on white faces, and taught this racist country that white America they cannot see racism, because they are white. Even if you grew up poor, you're still guilty. Damn you, America. Damn you bitter clingers.

Our friends from The Fairness Campaign could have consulted with me, because I am one of those guilty white people, who DOES SEE my white privilege. I'm one white guy who gets it.

I work at the Fort Snelling Officer's Club in St. Paul, Minnesota. It is a Air Force civilian open mess. We serve parties, weddings, as well as food in our bars.

Last week, we served a wedding party. I'd say 80% of the guests were black. Our entire service staff was white. Damn the injustice!

The Fairness Campaign states that if you're white, people don't stare at you when you walk into the room, so you can't relate to the black experience. I don't recall staring at the black guests as they streamed into the club. We were happy to have their business.

As we began the evening service, I saw that some of the water carafes had become empty, so I heaped indignity on our black guests by refilling the carafes with ice-water. As Daffy Duck would say, "Shoot me now!"

I'm not absolutely sure, but I'm pretty sure that none of my co-workers were born with a silver spoon in their mouth. We work in the food service industry.

I just hope that this racist country will get it's racist act together, and re-elect our wonderful clean, articulate President. I think it's terrible those rascally Republicans keep pointing out that Obama is absolutely unqualified to be President.

The racist meanies.

No comments:

Post a Comment