Monday, September 7, 2026

OUR NEW TOP TEN LIST: THE TOP TEN THINGS CANADIEN ACTOR RYAN REYNOLDS HATED ABOUT THE 1980'S


We here at The RSR like to hear from opposing viewpoints, even idiot actors. Today, we open the floor to Canadien actor Ryan Reynolds. He co-stars in a new movie SET IN the 1980's, ''MAYDAY''.

He made some rather ODD comments abooot the ''horrible, traumatic'' 1980's. I was surprised that Reynolds was born in the mid-70's yet he had so much historical knowledge TO SHARE.

 


He EVEN mentioned the 1962 ''CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS''.



Your bushy-tailed correspondent was born in 1964, and I paid scant attention to the world situation until I saw 1984 DEMOCRAT presidential candidate Walter Mondale make a fool of himself in a campaign commercial, crying in front of a classroom of 5 year olds, looking terrified and SNIVELING about THE ARMS RACE. I remember thinking ''Dude!!! The Ruskies are watching you!!!' Pull yourself together!!''

I WAS 19 at the time.

From the home office in Bovey, Minnesota.... Here's the new TOP TEN list. These are THE TOP TEN THINGS CANADIEN ACTOR RYAN REYNOLDS HATED ABOUT THE 1980'S. THESE ARE THE TEN THINGS THAT TRAUMATIZED THIS ACCLAIMED ''HISTORIAN'' AND STAR OF THE NEW MOVIE ''MAYDAY'', COMING TO A THEATER NEAR YOU.


10. Seeing Those American punks (and not Team Canada) beat The Russians at Lake Placid.

 9.  Seeing Republican Presidential candidate George H.W. Bush call Democrat opponent Mickael Dukakis a ''liberal'.'

 8. when The Democrats couldn't stop Reagan's 1981 Budget from being passed. DAMN!!!!!!!

 7. The Summit in Reykjavik, Iceland  ended without a deal. WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!! DOUBLE DAMN!!!!!!

 6. those traumatic eighties big hair styles and shoulder pads WTF!!!!?????

 5. losing the top score in Pac-man.

 4. that time I lost that hot redhead to the lead singer of Whitesnake

 3. that time my uncle said that Triumph was better than RUSH

 2. that time Earth almost became extinct because of the Chernobyl melt-down

 1. ''WHY ARE THEY TEARING DOWN THE BERLIN WALL???!!! IT'S A PERFECTLY GOOD WALL!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment