Saturday, April 8, 2023

The Greatest Woke Country Song Of All Time


On Sunday, The CMT Country Music Awards featured a bevy of highly-festive drag queens, so this week some jokesters on Twitter created a new hashtag #WokeACountryMusicSong.

There were many very funny 'woke' song titles, and so I played along. I thought about George Jones' classic 'He Stopped Loving Her Today', considered by many 'the greatest country song of all time.'

I replaced most of the pronouns in the song's lyrics to be more inclusive, woke,  and gender-neutral. So, here it is.....The Greatest Woke Country Song Of All Time.

Xe Stopped Loving Xyr Today. Get your handkerchief ready, and get ready to cry in your beer:


Ze said,' I'll love Xou til I die

Xhe said, 'Xou'll forget Xe in time

As the years went slowly by

Xyr still weighed upon Ziz mind


Xe kept Xyr picture on the wall

Went half crazy now and then

But Ze still loved Xyr through it all

Hoping Xhe would come back again


Kept some letters by Xiz bed

Dated 1962

Xe had underline in red

Every single xi love you


I went to see Xym today

Oh, but I didn't see no tears

All dressed up to go away

First time I'd see Xym smile in years


Xe stopped loving Xyr today

They placed a wreath upon Xyz door

And soon they'll carry Xym away

Xe stopped loving Xyr today


(Spoken):

You know, Xhe came to see Xym one last time (ooooh)

Ah, and we wondered if Xhe would (ooooh)

And it kept running through my mind (oooooh)

'This time Xe's over Xyr for good'


Xe stopped loving Xyr today

They placed a wreath upon Xyz door

And soon they'll carry Xym away

Xe stopped loving Xyr today


No comments:

Post a Comment