Wednesday, July 10, 2024

So, How Was Your Independence Day?


Your bushy-tailed correspondent was gone for a few days, spending The Fourth Of July in friendly Duluth, Minnesota. I have my own little tradition of watching the fireworks from Duluth's beautiful Bayfront.

I estimate there were about 20,000 happy, patriotic Americans there to enjoy the fireworks. There were absolutely NO troublemakers, no one protesting Western civilization, not a single Palestinian or Somalian flag, and NO new Minnesota 'Bleached Anus' flags.

I saw no Somalian gangs, no one worshipping Allah with their ass in the air, and no burkas.

I saw people capturing the sights and sounds on their cellphones, and I saw young people singing 'God Bless The U.S.A' by Lee Greenwood. I banged my head to 'Stars And Stripes Forever' by John Phillip Souza.

He was The Quiet Riot of his day!

The people cheered at the end, as Whitney Houston's voice echoed over the harbor. The beautiful, intense final cluster of fireworks exploded in the night sky.

So, how was YOUR Fourth of July?

No comments:

Post a Comment