Wednesday, September 9, 2026

How Will The Vikings Disappoint Their Fans This Year?


Legendary R&B singer Jackie Wilson sang ''Disppointment was my closest friend''.  Change the line to ''Disappointment is my ONLY friend'', and he could be singing about being a Minnesota Vikings fan.

It's been 50 years since The Minnesota Vikings last made an appearence in The Superbowl. In that game, they disappointed their fans, falling flat against the Oakland Raiders 32-14. They've played in four Superbowls, disappointing their fans each time.

Since joining The NFL in 1961, this cursed franchise have disappointed their fans in almost every season. The team came close TO NOT DISAPPOINTING THEIR FANS in the 1987-1988 strike season, winning play-off games in New Orleans and San Francisco before falling JUST SHORT in Washington D.C.

There was the amazing 1998-1999 regular season when the team went 15-1, before being upset by the Atlanta Dirty Birds in The NFC Championship game. Once gain, The fans were disappointed.

In the 2019 season, former Green Bay Packer QB Brett Favre led the Vikings to the NFC Championship game, throwing a late interception and disappointing the fans AGAIN

In January 2001, The Vikings and The New York Giants met in the NFC Championship. The Vikings were humiliated, losing 41-goose-egg. Once again, Vikings fans were deeply disappointed.

In 1984, new Head Coach Les Steckel led the Vkings to an atrocious 3-13 regular season record, leaving their disappointed fans even more disappointed than usual, The following season, The Vikings improved to 7-9, a 4-win improvement.....so I wasn't that disappointed.

Last season, The Vikings were out of the playoffs with about 6 weeks left in the season. They won their last 5 games, but STILL missed the playoffs. Disappointing.

By 2015, I've had enough of the disappointment. I stopped watching. I DON'T LIKE SEEING show-boating players celebratie after every play. I rarely even watch professional football anymore. I know for a fact that The Vikings will never win a Superbowl, and I am so jaded and bitter I wish EVERY YEAR THAT both teams in the Superbowl would lose and everybody breaks a leg.

I also don't want to see the woke messages in the end zone, a Black ''National Anthem'',  or male cheerleaders.  

So, how will The Minnesota Vikings DISAPPOINT their fans THIS YEAR? Will they be out of the play-off hunt with 5 games to go? Will they lose ANOTHER HOME PLAY=OFF GAME THEY SHOULD WIN?

Disappointment is the Minnesota Vikings only friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment